Any extension of information regarding services, analytics, indicators, aspects or any other question related to the ISO 14001 quality system, «Q» for Tourist Quality or Ecoplayas flag can be directed to the body responsible for the quality systems of the beach of El Perelló at the municipal offices, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The El Perelló Beach Service Charter includes information on the services offered on El Perelló beach as well as other information of interest.
Currently, the Service Charter is available in the following languages: Spanish, Valencian, English, French and German.
· Surveillance, first aid and first aid service.
· Surveillance service by the Local Police.
· Bathroom help service for people with functional diversity.
· Information service, customer service and centralization of suggestions, complaints or claims in the Town Hall offices and through the website and the municipal APP.
· Cleaning service: selective collection of waste, emptying of bins and general beach maintenance.
· Closure of the beach in the event of uncontrolled discharge of wastewater, marine plague or other factors that pose a potential risk, in which case bathers will be informed through:
· Raising the Red Flag.
· Information to the user through the official municipal information channels (website, app and profiles on social networks), Lifeguard Personnel and Local Police.
· Ship exit and entry signage.
· Free public toilets.
· Analysis and control of the quality of seawater and beach sand.
· Analysis of the presence of fungi in showers and footbaths.
· Signposting the state of the sea.
· Treatment of the water that is discharged into the sea through a purifier to guarantee the quality of the bathing water.
· Information on standards of conduct according to current municipal ordinance.
· Extra Services (sports activities, workshops, leisure, etc.).
Seasonal services and facilities
Rescue and lifeguard service
A team of at least 8 qualified Red Cross lifeguards provide the rescue and first aid service in El Perelló during the summer season. From June 14 to September 15 (both included), from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., they integrate health personnel into their workforce to deal with possible emergencies.
Showers, footwashers, walkways, bins, toilets, recreational and sports facilities
This facility, built solely with wood, is fully integrated into the natural environment and the Albufera Natural Park.
Intended to assist the bathroom of people with functional diversity, its hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., every day during high season (more information in the Service Charter).
New bio-healthy area
The City Council of El Perelló has proposed to expand the recreational-sports provision of the beach with the improvement of the existing facility as well as the incorporation of a new bio-healthy area.
The El Perelló City Council has contracted a rigorous cleaning service for the El Perelló beach with a local company, by virtue of which the following cleaning and disinfection actions are carried out every day in the summer season:
· Manual cleaning and maintenance of the beach and its equipment. Cleaning and, where appropriate, disinfection and emptying of entrances, banks, footbaths, showers, walkways and wastebaskets, including recreational areas (children’s games, biosaludable area, accessible point or adapted beach and mobile facilities).
· Mechanical cleaning of the beach, which includes daily turning and screening of the sand for proper sunlight and aeration, as well as cleaning and maintenance of the dunes.
· Cleaning and disinfection of public toilets, located both in the health post and in one of the main access entrances to the beach.
Every year El Perelló beach is awarded triple awards for the excellence of its services, its improvements in accessibility and its environmental sustainability.
· Flag «Q for Tourist Quality»(since 2009), in recognition of the quality of the services provided on El Perelló beach, in accordance with the UNE-EN ISO 13.009: 2016 standard. This certification is a public recognition of the effort that the City Council of El Perelló has made to adapt to the Spanish tourism quality system, a symbol of trust and commitment that goes through improvement day after day to ensure user enjoyment in terms of cleanliness , security, vigilance and respect for the environment, dunes, fauna and flora. These results show the will and effort of the City Council of El Perelló to improve services and care for users, at the same time that they show its commitment to environmental preservation. The City Council is aware that the coastline is one of its most valuable resources,
· Certification for the environmental management of El Perelló beach, in accordance with the UNE-EN ISO 14.001: 2015 standard (since 2010), which rewards respect for the natural environment and environmental protection of the coastline.
· Flag Ecoplayas (since 2016), which recognizes the quality of services provided to users as well as friendly management environment carried out by the City
At El Perelló beach you can not only take a good dip, swim in its warm waters or sunbathe on its fine golden sand, but you can also do sports and leisure activities such as fishing, playing volleyball or teaching sports. Zumba and aerobics every morning and afternoon, Monday through Friday in July and August.
Every year, the El Perelló City Council makes improvements to the beach both in terms of the environment and the quality of the services offered. These are some of the ones we have proposed for this year:
Expansion of the existing bio-healthy area, with the replacement of two pedal boards
· Installation of a new bio-healthy area
· Renewal of the Charter of services in 5 languages
· Introduction and improvement of language from a gender perspective in advertising texts
Replacement of 2 lifeguard towers
· Renovation of the institutional website